Make your own sea moss gel
THIS IS JUST MY SIMPLE WAY I LIKE TO MAKE MY GEL, FEEL FREE TO EXPERIMENT AND CHANGE IT UP.
MAKE HALF THE RECIPE (HALF A JAR) TO KEEP IT FRESH IF YOU LIKE.
• Using filtered water
(if possible), put 37g/1.3oz of dried sea moss Into a bowl
(1 single pack of sea moss life).
• Wash your moss using your hands, moving and massaging the Sea Moss around.
• Rinse and empty water.
• Completely cover the Moss with water in a big bowl or pot (filtered/ alkaline water if possible). Fill most of the bowl/pot with water because the Sea Moss will expand.
• Place a small plate on top to keep it under the water if needed.
• Cover with a lid or glad wrap.
• Leave to soak for 12 hours at room temperature.
DO NOT throw out Sea Moss water.
• Use scissors to cut your Moss up to help your blender.
Using tongs, transfer your Moss into the blender.
• Using the water that the Moss has been soaking in, pour 2cups of water into the blender.
• I like to add lemon juice to help it last longer but you don't have to.
• If you would like to add a flavour, I buy my Freeze Dried Fruit powder here....
I add 4 Tablespoons (56grams) of Blueberry Powder. It ends up making a bit more than 1 Jar so I put the rest in a glass with some Glad Wrap and use it first.
• Then blend. Feel free to add more water to make it more runny which would make more gel but this recipe should fill a 750ml glass jar.
• Use a spatula to help pour the gel into your glass jar.
• Store in fridge.
Mine usually stays good for about 3-4 weeks but you can decide for yourself.
I Take 1-2 tablespoons a day or every other day, see how you feel and do what feels right. It is potent so you may not need it every day.
I find it gives me energy, so I don't take it at night.
I used to hide mine in a smoothie, because it's from the sea and tastes just like it! But now that I mix it with Blueberry Powder I can eat it off the spoon.
If you're taking Sea Moss straight from the spoon, make sure not to double dip or you will contaminate your gel with the bacteria from your mouth.